[Ceph-community] List's welcome email message

Mike Perez miperez at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 06:56:07 PDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 8:30 PM Kai Wagner <kwagner at suse.com> wrote:

> On 24.04.19 15:48, Sage Weil wrote:
> > Separately, though, I wonder if we should consider dropping the
> > ceph-community@ list entirely.  It gets very little traffic and most of
> > what *is* on-topic is about ceph events (ceph days and meetups).  Perhaps
> > we should just replace it with events at ceph.io?
>
> I agree that this list isn't really helpful at all and tbh from the name
> itself it's not clear to me what this ML is all about.
>
> I think a mailing list someone could subscribe to, to get the newest
> updates on upcoming conferences would be better - in case we start to
> organize and announce Ceph days in advance in the future ;-)

We're currently using events@ as a general contact for Ceph events,
which is a private list that we're really using as a forward to those
working on Ceph Foundation events. We can always change that though.

I've been worried about asking for help on this list because of the
low traffic. I'm not opposed to trying a new name though or using tags
on ceph-devel, ceph-users (e.g. [events] CFP for X conference) as I
suggested in the separate dashboard mailing list thread.

--
Mike Perez (thingee)