[ceph-users] HELP with some basics please

David Turner drakonstein at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:31:31 PST 2017

"The journals can only be moved back by a complete rebuild of that osd as to
my knowledge."

I'm assuming that since this is a cluster that he's inherited and that it's
configured like this that it's probably not running luminous or bluestore
OSDs. Again more information needed about your cluster and hardware.  On
filestore OSDs you can easily replace/migrate a journal.