[ceph-users] Luminous v12.2.2 released

Richard Hesketh richard.hesketh at rd.bbc.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 09:46:32 PST 2017

You are safe to upgrade packages just by doing an apt-get update; apt-get upgrade, and you will then want to restart your ceph daemons to bring them to the new version - though you should of course stagger your restarts of each type to ensure your mons remain quorate (don't restart more than half at once, ideally one at a time), and your OSDs to keep at least min_size for your pools - if you have kept the default failure domain of host for your pools, restarting all the OSDs on one node and waiting for them to come back up before moving on to the next should be fine. Personally I tend to just reboot the entire node and wait for it to come back when I'm doing upgrades as there are usually also new kernels waiting to be live by the time I get around to it.

This is a minor version upgrade so you shouldn't need to restart daemon types in any particular order - I think that's only a concern when you're doing major version upgrades.

Rich