[ceph-users] RGW uploaded objects integrity

Robert Stanford rstanford8896 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 09:11:17 PST 2017

I did some benchmarking with cosbench and found that successful uploads (as
shown in the output report) was not 100% unless I used the "hashCheck=True"
flag in the cosbench configuration file.  Under high load, the percent
successful was significantly lower (say, 80%).

Has anyone dealt with object integrity issues at high throughputs, when
using RGW?  Any suggestions on ensuring what goes in to the cluster is the
same as what comes out?  Do we have to manually check the integrity of the
objects we upload, like cosbench does, every time?