[ceph-users] Ceph cache tier start_flush function issue!

Jason Zhang messagezsl at outlook.com
Thu Dec 7 17:02:12 PST 2017

Hi all,

        Sometimes the cache tier function will delete the object data of base pool when start flush, i don't the reason why do so.

        the code is in the PrimaryLogPg.cc file (L version), the notes of start_flush function (" In general,we need to send a delete and a copyfrom ......") maybe explain the reason,but i still can't understand the meaning.

         So I expect that experts can explain the reason why cache tier function will delete the object data of base pool when start flush. in particular the meaning of notes(from 8573 to 8589line) in the start_flush function!

         I will sincerely look forward to your reply soon.

Best & Regards!