[ceph-users] CephFS desync

Gregory Farnum gfarnum at redhat.com
Thu Nov 2 14:56:17 PDT 2017

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 9:05 AM Andrey Klimentyev <
andrey.klimentyev at flant.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we've recently hit a problem in a production cluster. The gist of it is
> that sometimes file will be changed on one machine, but only the "change
> time" would propagate to others. The checksum is different. Contents,
> obviously, differ as well. How can I debug this?
>
> In other words, how would I approach such problem with "stuck files"?
> Haven't found anything on Google or troubleshooting docs.

What versions are you running?
The only way I can think of this happening is if one of the clients had
permission to access the CephFS namespace on the MDS, but not to write to
the OSDs which store the file data. Have you checked that the clients all
have the same caps? ("ceph auth list" or one of the related more-specific
commands will let you compare.)
-Greg