[ceph-users] Luminous LTS: `ceph osd crush class create` is gone?

Caspar Smit casparsmit at supernas.eu
Fri Nov 3 02:41:09 PDT 2017

> On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Linh Vu <vul at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > Back in Luminous Dev and RC, I was able to do this:
> >

> > `ceph osd crush class create myclass`
>
> This was removed as part of https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/16388
>
> It looks like the set-device-class command is the replacement or
> equivalent.
>
> $ ceph osd crush class ls
> [
>     "ssd"
> ]
>
> $ ceph osd crush set-device-class myclass 0 1
>
> $ ceph osd crush class ls
> [
>     "ssd",
>     "myclass"
> ]

With the caveat that the "ceph osd crush set-device-class" command only
works on existing OSD's which already have a default assigned class so you
cannot plan/create your classes before adding some OSD's first.
The "ceph osd crush class create" command could be run without any OSD's
configured.

Kind regards,
Caspar