[ceph-users] Libvirt hosts freeze after ceph osd+mon problem

Piotr Dałek piotr.dalek at corp.ovh.com
Tue Nov 7 01:57:30 PST 2017

On 17-11-07 12:02 AM, Jan Pekař - Imatic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using debian stretch with ceph 12.2.1-1~bpo80+1 and qemu
> 1:2.8+dfsg-6+deb9u3
> I'm running 3 nodes with 3 monitors and 8 osds on my nodes, all on IPV6.
>
> When I tested the cluster, I detected strange and severe problem.
> On first node I'm running qemu hosts with librados disk connection to the
> cluster and all 3 monitors mentioned in connection.
> On second node I stopped mon and osd with command
>
> kill -STOP MONPID OSDPID
>
> Within one minute all my qemu hosts on first node freeze, so they even don't
> respond to ping. [..]

Why would you want to *stop* (as in, freeze) a process instead of killing it?
Anyway, with processes still there, it may take a few minutes before cluster
realizes that daemons are stopped and kicks it out of cluster, restoring
normal behavior (assuming correctly set crush rules).

--
Piotr Dałek
piotr.dalek at corp.ovh.com
https://www.ovh.com/us/