[ceph-users] OSD heartbeat problem

Monis Monther mmmm82 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 04:00:23 PST 2017

Good Day,

Today we had a problem with lots of OSDs being marked as down due to
heartbeat failures between the OSDs.

Specifically the following is seen in the OSD logs prior to the heartbeat
no_reply errors

monclient: _check_auth_rotating possible clock skew, rotating keys expired
way too early

Can anyone shed some light on what the above log message means?

Our monitors are properly synced with NTP and show NO skew problems in the
logs

NOTE: we restarted the OSD and all went back to healthy and normal, I just
want to understand the messages in the logs to find the cause of the problem

Ceph luminous 12.2.0

--
Best Regards
Monis