[ceph-users] VM Data corruption shortly after Luminous Upgrade

James Forde jimf at mninc.net
Wed Nov 8 07:29:54 PST 2017

Title probably should have read "Ceph Data corruption shortly after Luminous Upgrade"

Problem seems to have been sorted out. Still not sure why original problem other than Upgrade latency?, or mgr errors?
After I resolved the boot problem I attempted to reproduce error, but was unsuccessful which is good. HEALTH_OK

Anyway, to future users running into Windows "Unmountable Boot Volume", or CentOS7 boot to emergency mode, HERE IS SOLUTION.

Get rbd image size and increase by 1GB and restart VM. That's it. All VM's booted right up after increasing rbd image by 1024MB. Takes just a couple of seconds.

Rbd info vmtest
Rbd image 'vmtest':
Size 20480 MB

Rbd resize -image vmtest -size 21504