[ceph-users] recreate ceph-deploy node

James Forde jimf at mninc.net
Wed Nov 8 14:36:35 PST 2017

On my cluster I have a ceph-deploy node that is not a mon or osd. This is my bench system, and I want to recreate the ceph-deploy node to simulate a failure. I cannot find this outlined anywhere, so I thought I would ask.

Basically follow Preflight http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/start/quick-start-preflight/#ceph-deploy-setup

Install OS
Setup User with passwordless sudo privileges
Configure ssh and copy to each node
Update repositories
Install Ceph-Deploy
Open Ports etc
Make Directory and cd to directory

This is where I get confused. If I were creating a new cluster I would "ceph-deploy new node1" However this will not be new.
Do I just get the ceph.conf and ceph.mon.keyring and move them to the directory I just created?
Do I gather keys?
Then run ceph-deploy install?

Thanks in advance.