[ceph-users] Fwd: Luminous RadosGW issue

Sam Huracan nowitzki.sammy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 14:44:11 PST 2017

Hi Cephers,

I'm testing RadosGW in Luminous version.  I've already installed done in
separate host, service is running but RadosGW did not accept any my
configuration in ceph.conf.

My Config:
[client.radosgw.gateway]
host = radosgw
keyring = /etc/ceph/ceph.client.radosgw.keyring
rgw socket path = /var/run/ceph/ceph.radosgw.gateway.fastcgi.sock
log file = /var/log/radosgw/client.radosgw.gateway.log
*rgw dns name = radosgw.demo.com <http://radosgw.demo.com>*
rgw print continue = false

When I show config of radosgw socket:
[root at radosgw ~]# ceph --admin-daemon
/var/run/ceph/ceph-client.rgw.radosgw.asok
config show | grep dns
    "mon_dns_srv_name": "",
    "*rgw_dns_name": "",*
    "rgw_dns_s3website_name": "",

rgw_dns_name is empty, hence S3 API is unable to access Ceph Object Storage.

Do anyone meet this issue?

My ceph version I'm  using is ceph-radosgw-12.2.1-0.el7.x86_64

Thanks in advance