[ceph-users] Erasure Coding Pools and PG calculation - documentation

Tim Gipson tgipson at ena.com
Fri Nov 10 13:38:02 PST 2017

Hey all,

I’m having some trouble setting up a Pool for Erasure Coding.  I haven’t found much documentation around the PG calculation for an Erasure Coding pool.  It seems from what I’ve tried so far that the math needed to set one up is different than the math you use to calculate PGs for a regular replicated pool.

Does anyone have any experience setting up a pool this way and can you give me some help or direction, or point me toward some documentation that goes over the math behind this sort of pool setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim Gipson
Systems Engineer