[ceph-users] features required for live migration

Konstantin Shalygin k0ste at k0ste.ru
Tue Nov 14 02:32:10 PST 2017

For understanding: live migration is just the same run like clean run
from powered off state, exception only the copying memory from one host
to another, i.e. if your VM start from powered off state, than live
migration should works without any issues.

Also, client must be compatible with the features, otherwise qemu will
not be able to work with the rbd. For this reason, there is an option
that indicates the default features when creating a volume - if not
possible to upgrade librbd on host (or any other component), the
features can be customized for the present librbd.

--
Best regards,
Konstantin Shalygin