[ceph-users] features required for live migration

Konstantin Shalygin k0ste at k0ste.ru
Tue Nov 14 03:26:45 PST 2017

On 11/14/2017 06:19 PM, Oscar Segarra wrote:

> What I'm trying to do is reading documentation in order to understand
> how features work and what are they for.
>
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/15000

I would also be happy to read what features have negative sides.

> The problem is that documentation is not detailed enough.
>
> The proof-test method you suggest I think is not a good procedure
> because I want to a void a corrpution in the future due to a bad
> configuration

So my recommendation: if you can wait - may be from some side you
receive a new information about features. Otherwise - you can set
minimal features (like '3') - this is enough for virtualization
(snapshots, clones).

And start your project.

--
Best regards,