[ceph-users] Is the 12.2.1 really stable? Anybody have production cluster with Luminous Bluestore?

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Thu Nov 16 06:29:54 PST 2017

I was told at the Openstack Summit that 12.2.2 should drop "In a few days."
That was a week ago yesterday.  If you have a little leeway,  it may be
best to wait. I know I am, but I'm paranoid.

There was also a performance regression mentioned recently that's supposed
to be fixed.

-Erik

On Nov 16, 2017 9:22 AM, "Jack" <ceph at jack.fr.eu.org> wrote:

My cluster (55 OSDs) runs 12.2.x since the release, and bluestore too
All good so far

On 16/11/2017 15:14, Konstantin Shalygin wrote:
> Hi cephers.
> Some thoughts...
> At this time my cluster on Kraken 11.2.0 - works smooth with FileStore
> and RBD only.
> I want upgrade to Luminous 12.2.1 and go to Bluestore because this
> cluster want grows double with new disks, so is best opportunity migrate
> to Bluestore.
>
> In ML I was found two problems:
> 1. Increased memory usage, should be fixed in upstream
> (http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/
2017-October/021676.html).

> 2. OSD drops and goes cluster offline
> (http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/