[ceph-users] Is the 12.2.1 really stable? Anybody have production cluster with Luminous Bluestore?

Eric Nelson ericnelson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 20:18:44 PST 2017

Our cluster here having troubles is primarily for object storage, and
somewhere around 650M objects and 600T. Majority of objects being small
jpgs, large objects are big movie .ts files and .mp4.

This was upgraded from jewel on xenial last month.majority of bugs are
ceph-osd on SSDs for us. We've got bugs on filestore and bluestore at this
point with ssd journals, colocated wal/db, nvme wal/db, you name it. We're
removing the SSDs from the cluster right now. They just keep failing and
causing downtime. Rather a slow cluster than an unusable one. A crashy osd
is a gone osd nowadays.