[ceph-users] rbd: list: (1) Operation not permitted

Manuel Sopena Ballesteros manuel.sb at garvan.org.au
Mon Nov 20 19:55:44 PST 2017

Hi all,

I just built a small ceph cluster for Openstack but I am getting a permission problem:

[root at zeus-59 ~]# ceph auth list
installed auth entries:
client.cinder
        key: AQCvaBNawgsXAxAA18S90LWPLIiZ4tCY0Boa/w==
        caps: [mon] allow r
        caps: [osd] allow class-read object_prefix rdb_children, allow rwx pool=volumes,
client.glance
        key: AQCiaBNaTDOCJxAArUEI6cuqLmiF2TqictGAEA==
        caps: [mon] allow r
        caps: [osd] allow class-read object_prefix rdb_children, allow rwx pool=images

[root at zeus-59 ~]# cat /etc/ceph/ceph.client.cinder.keyring
[client.cinder]
        key = AQCvaBNawgsXAxAA18S90LWPLIiZ4tCY0Boa/w==

[root at zeus-59 ~]# rbd -p volumes --user cinder ls
rbd: list: (1) Operation not permitted

[root at zeus-59 ~]# rbd -p images --user glance ls
15b87aeb-6482-403d-825b-e7c7bc007679
e972681b-3028-4b44-84c7-3752a93d5518
fc6dd1dc-fe11-4bdd-96f4-28276ecb75c0

I also tried deleting and recreating user and pool but that didn't fix the issue.

Ceph looks ok because user glance can list images pool, but I am not sure why user cinder doesn't have permission as they both have same permissions to their respective pools?

Any advice?

Thank you very much

Manuel Sopena Ballesteros | Big data Engineer
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, 370 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
T: + 61 (0)2 9355 5760 | F: +61 (0)2 9295 8507 | E: manuel.sb at garvan.org.au<mailto:manuel.sb at garvan.org.au>

NOTICE
Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.