[ceph-users] how to test journal?

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Tue Nov 21 00:37:27 PST 2017

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 10:23:20 +0200 Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to test the CEPH journal to see if it performs optimally?

You're using bluestore, as I said before, there is no journal.

The SSDs you're using are top of the line, perfectly suited for what
you're using them for.

> And, how can I see how much data is being cached?

Nothing gets cached per se with bluestore.
As for utilization, there were values for the journal, AFAIK there isn't
anything for the DB stuff at this point.

In general, google "ceph grafana", you will REALLY want to monitor a ceph
cluster this way.

chibi at gol.com   	Rakuten Communications