[ceph-users] How to set osd_max_backfills in Luminous

Karun Josy karunjosy1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 15:17:42 PST 2017

Hello,

We added couple of OSDs to the cluster and the recovery is taking much time.

So I tried to increase the osd_max_backfills value dynamically. But its
saying the change may need restart.

$ ceph tell osd.* injectargs '--osd-max-backfills 5'
osd.0: osd_max_backfills = '5' osd_objectstore = 'bluestore' (not observed,
change may require restart) rocksdb_separate_wal_dir = 'false' (not
observed, change may require restart)

The value seems to be not changed too.

[cephuser at ceph-las-admin-a1 home]$  ceph -n osd.0 --show-config | grep
osd_max_backfills
osd_max_backfills = 1

Do I have to really restart all the OSD daemons ?

Karun