[ceph-users] ceph-disk is now deprecated

David Turner drakonstein at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 09:22:07 PST 2017

Isn't marking something as deprecated meaning that there is a better option
that we want you to use and you should switch to it sooner than later? I
don't understand how this is ready to be marked as such if ceph-volume
can't be switched to for all supported use cases. If ZFS, encryption,
FreeBSD, etc are all going to be supported under ceph-volume, then how can
ceph-disk be deprecated before ceph-volume can support them? I can imagine
many Ceph admins wasting time chasing an erroneous deprecated warning
because it came out before the new solution was mature enough to replace
the existing solution.