[ceph-users] Ceph luminous repo not working on Ubuntu xenial

Kashif Mumtaz kashif.mumtaz at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 10:19:05 PDT 2017

Dear,
Thanks for help. I am able to install on single node.
Now going to install on multiple nodes. Just want to clarify one small thing.
Is Ceph key and Ceph repository need to add on every node or it is required only on admin node  where we execute ceph-deploy command ?

    On Friday, September 29, 2017 9:57 AM, Stefan Kooman <stefan at bit.nl> wrote:

 Quoting Kashif Mumtaz (kashif.mumtaz at yahoo.com):

> Dear User,
> I am striving had to install Ceph luminous version on Ubuntu 16.04.3  ( xenial ).
> Its repo is available at https://download.ceph.com/debian-luminous/
> I added it like sudo apt-add-repository 'deb https://download.ceph.com/debian-luminous/ xenial main'
> # more  sources.list
> deb https://download.ceph.com/debian-luminous/ xenial main

^^ That looks good.

> It say no package available. Did anybody able to install Luminous on Xenial by using repo?

Just checkin': you did a "apt update" after adding the repo?

The repo works fine for me. Is the Ceph gpg key installed?

apt-key list |grep Ceph
uid                  Ceph.com (release key) <security at ceph.com>

Make sure you have "apt-transport-https" installed (as the repos uses
TLS).

Gr. Stefan