[ceph-users] Ceph monitoring

Reed Dier reed.dier at focusvq.com
Mon Oct 2 12:58:55 PDT 2017

As someone currently running collectd/influxdb/grafana stack for monitoring, I am curious if anyone has seen issues moving Jewel -> Luminous.

I thought I remembered reading that collectd wasn’t working perfectly in Luminous, likely not helped with the MGR daemon.

Also thought about trying telegraf, however permissions issues in Jewel caused me to punt. (see: https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/issues/1657 <https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/issues/1657>)
Looked like Telegraf could supply pool level performance ops that I wasn’t seeing in collectd.

Was planning on starting the Luminous upgrades this week, so this thread seemed a good time to ask.

> ii  collectd                             5.6.2.37.gfd01cdd-1~xenial

Looks like I’m running the 5.6 branch of collectd, I don’t see any ceph changes in the 5.7 branch, so wouldn’t immediately rock the boat with upgrading to 5.7.x immediately.

Just curious what the early Luminous users are seeing.

Thanks,

Reed