[ceph-users] Ceph-mgr summarize recovery counters

Benjeman Meekhof bmeekhof at umich.edu
Wed Oct 4 09:14:39 PDT 2017

Wondering if anyone can tell me how to summarize recovery
bytes/ops/objects from counters available in the ceph-mgr python
interface?  To put another way, how does the ceph -s command put
together that infomation and can I access that information from a
counter queryable by the ceph-mgr python module api?

I want info like the 'recovery' part of the status output.  I have a
ceph-mgr module that feeds influxdb but I'm not sure what counters
from ceph-mgr to summarize to create this information.  OSD have
available a recovery_ops counter which is not quite the same.  Maybe
the various 'subop_..' counters encompass recovery ops?  It's not
clear to me but I'm hoping it is obvious to someone more familiar with
the internals.

io:
    client:   2034 B/s wr, 0 op/s rd, 0 op/s wr
    recovery: 1173 MB/s, 8 keys/s, 682 objects/s

thanks,
Ben