[ceph-users] what does associating ceph pool to application do?

Patrick Donnelly pdonnell at redhat.com
Fri Oct 6 13:48:47 PDT 2017

Hello Chad,

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Chad William Seys
<cwseys at physics.wisc.edu> wrote:
> Thanks John!  I see that a pool can have more than one "application". Should
> I feel free to combine uses (e.g. cephfs,rbd) or is this counterindicated?

That's not currently possible but we are thinking about changes which
would allow multiple ceph file systems to use the same data pool by
having each FS work in a separate namespace. See also:

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/15066

Support with CephFS and RBD using the same pool may follow that.

--
Patrick Donnelly