[ceph-users] Filestore to Bluestore migration question

Hector Martin hector at marcansoft.com
Tue Nov 6 07:57:25 PST 2018

On 11/7/18 12:48 AM, Hayashida, Mami wrote:
> All other OSDs that I converted (#60-69) look basically identical while
> the Filestore OSDs (/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-70 etc.) look different
> obviously.  When I run "df" it does NOT list those converted osds (only
> the Filestore ones).  In other words, /dev/sdh1 where osd.60 should be
> is not listed.  (Should it be?)  Neither does mount lists that drive.
>  ("df | grep sdh" and "mount | grep sdh" both return nothing)

/dev/sdh1 no longer exists. Remember, we converted the drives to be LVM
physical volumes. There are no partitions any more. It's all in an LVM
volume backed by /dev/sdh (without the 1).

What *should* be mounted at the OSD paths are tmpfs filesystems, i.e.
ramdisks. Those would not reference sdh so of course those commands will
return nothing. Try "df | grep osd" and "mount | grep osd" instead and
see if ceph-60 through ceph-69 show up.

--
Hector Martin (hector at marcansoft.com)
Public Key: https://mrcn.st/pub