[ceph-users] cephfs quota limit

Luis Henriques lhenriques at suse.com
Wed Nov 7 01:31:40 PST 2018

Jan Fajerski <jfajerski at suse.com> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 08:57:48PM +0800, Zhenshi Zhou wrote:
>>   Hi,
>>   I'm wondering whether cephfs have quota limit options.
>>   I use kernel client and ceph version is 12.2.8.
>>   Thanks
> CephFS has quota support, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/luminous/cephfs/quota/.
> The kernel has recently gained CephFS quota support too (before only the fuse
> client supported it) so it depends on your distro and kernel version.

Correct, in order to have support for quotas using a kernel client
you'll need to meet 2 requirements:

 - kernel >= 4.17 (or have the relevant patches backported)
 - ceph version >= mimic

i.e. a kernel client 4.17 won't support quotas on a luminous-based
cluster.  The quota documentation for mimic states this too:

  http://docs.ceph.com/docs/mimic/cephfs/quota/

--
Luis