[ceph-users] ceph 12.2.9 release

Matthew Vernon mv3 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 01:35:32 PST 2018

On 08/11/2018 09:17, Marc Roos wrote:

> And that is why I don't like ceph-deploy. Unless you have maybe hundreds
> of disks, I don’t see why you cannot install it "manually".

...as the recent ceph survey showed, plenty of people have hundreds of
disks! Ceph is meant to be operated at scale, which is why many admins
will have automation (ceph-ansible, etc.) in place.

[our test clusters are 180 OSDs...]

Regards,

Matthew

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research