[ceph-users] ceph 12.2.9 release

Martin Verges martin.verges at croit.io
Thu Nov 8 03:23:01 PST 2018

Hello Marc,

> - You can use this separate from the commandline?
yes, we don't take apart any feature or possible way, but we don't recommend it

> - And if I modify something from the commandline, these changes are visible in the webinterface?
yes, we just ask Ceph/Linux for it's current state and show it through
the frontend (100% restful api). For example if you add a pool via CLI
you will see it after <5 seconds.

> - I can easily remove/add this webinterface? I mean sometimes you have these tools that just customize the whole environment, that it is  difficult to revert it.
unfortunately thats more the "hard" part. We are not only a interface,
we provide are a complete Ceph Storage solution.

We solve the problem with the different versions and the deployment
through PXE boot of the systems. You can also test this by simply
booting the normally installed system with a running Ceph from our
system. However, you should make sure that the versions of Ceph are
compatible.
Our images include all necessary programs, libraries and kernels. This
allows us to control exactly which version is running on the host.
Even months after the cluster is started, the exact same image will be
executed via PXE boot, if the admin so desires.

You can try it and use it for free in a vagrant demo
https://croit.io/croit-virtual-demo or as a real installation
https://croit.io/croit-production-guide.

As an example, just look in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrnzlylidjs to see how we upgrade from
Ceph Luminous to Ceph Mimic.

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695
E-Mail: martin.verges at croit.io
Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263

Web: https://croit.io
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx