[ceph-users] ceph 12.2.9 release

Graham Allan gta at umn.edu
Thu Nov 8 15:18:02 PST 2018

Thanks for the extra info, but I find the question more nuanced than that.

For example in my case I ended up with 12.2.9 on my last handful of
newly-installed servers (and this is simply using yum rather than
explicitly ceph-deploy).

We are replacing hardware nodes so the cluster is actively backfilling
across nodes, which fulfills Greg's criterion of "(the bug) only
triggers when PGs are not active+clean". Fortunately we are mostly
backfilling from older to newer minor versions (12.2.8 to 12.2.9), so
the problem may not manifest itself, but I'm not going to be in a
position to have all pgs active+clean until the backfills are complete.
Perhaps at that point it might be safe to upgrade the remaining osds to
the same 12.2.9? The advice to also not upgrade to 12.9.10 is a bit
disturbing since it sounds like the feature revert might make it
incompatible with what we have.

Graham