[ceph-users] read performance, separate client CRUSH maps or limit osd read access from each client
vladkopy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 19:54:18 PST 2018
I am trying to test replicated ceph with servers in different buildings,
and I have a read problem.
Reads from one building go to osd in another building and vice versa,
making reads slower then writes! Making read as slow as slowest node.
Is there a way to
- disable parallel read (so it reads only from the same osd node where mon
- or give each client read restriction per osd?
- or maybe strictly specify read osd on mount;
- or have node read delay cap (for example if node time out is larger then
2 ms then do not use such node for read as other replicas are available).
- or ability to place Clients on the Crush map - so it understands that osd
in - for example osd in the same data-center as client has preference, and
pull data from it/them.
Mounting with kernel client latest mimic.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ceph-users