[ceph-users] Librbd performance VS KRBD performance

赵赵贺东 zhaohedong at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:52:01 PST 2018

Hi cephers,

All our cluster osds are deployed in armhf.
Could someone say something about what is the rational performance rates for librbd VS KRBD ?
Or rational performance loss range when we use librbd compare to KRBD.
I googled a lot, but I could not find a solid criterion.
In fact , it confused me for a long time.

About our tests:
In a small cluster(12 osds), 4m seq write performance for Librbd VS KRBD is about 0.89 : 1 (177MB/s : 198MB/s ).
In a big cluster (72 osds), 4m seq write performance for Librbd VS KRBD is about  0.38: 1 (420MB/s : 1080MB/s).

We expect even increase  osd numbers, Librbd performance can keep being close to KRBD.

PS:	Librbd performance are tested both in  fio rbd engine & iscsi (tcmu+librbd).

Thanks.