[ceph-users] MDS hangs in "heartbeat_map" deadlock

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Thu Nov 15 00:55:58 PST 2018

Quoting Stefan Kooman (stefan at bit.nl):
> Quoting Patrick Donnelly (pdonnell at redhat.com):
> > Thanks for the detailed notes. It looks like the MDS is stuck
> > somewhere it's not even outputting any log messages. If possible, it'd
> > be helpful to get a coredump (e.g. by sending SIGQUIT to the MDS) or,
> > if you're comfortable with gdb, a backtrace of any threads that look
> > suspicious (e.g. not waiting on a futex) including `info threads`.

Today the issue reappeared (after being absent for ~ 3 weeks). This time
the standby MDS could take over and would not get into a deadlock
itself. We made gdb traces again, which you can find over here:

https://8n1.org/14011/d444

Would be great if someone could figure out whats causing this issue.

Thanks,

Stefan