[ceph-users] openstack swift multitenancy problems with ceph RGW

Florian Haas florian at citynetwork.eu
Mon Nov 19 06:51:55 PST 2018

On 18/11/2018 22:08, Dilip Renkila wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are provisioning openstack swift api though ceph rgw (mimic). We have
> problems when trying to create two containers in two projects of same
> name. After scraping web, i came to know that i have to enable
>
> * rgw_keystone_implicit_tenants in ceph conf file. But no use. Is really
> multitenancy supported for swift ? Can any one share ceph conf file ?

Yes, Swift multitenancy definitely works, but Swift integration with
Keystone is admittedly not perfectly documented. I'm currently working
on a documentation patchset; please see the PR at
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/25056/.

You didn't give us much information on *how* you've been trying to
create your containers. swift client? openstack client? An application
using the python-swiftclient library? A handcrafted POST request? What
exactly is the request you are trying, and what error you are getting as
a result? What shows up in your radosgw logs?

Cheers,
Florian