[ceph-users] Low traffic Ceph cluster with consumer SSD.

Martin Verges martin.verges at croit.io
Sun Nov 25 23:13:58 PST 2018

Hello Anton,

we have some bad experience with consumer disks. They tend to fail quite
early and sometimes have extrem poor performance in Ceph workloads.
If possible, spend some money on reliable Samsung PM/SM863a SSDs. However a
customer of us uses the WD Blue 1TB SSDs and seems to be quite happy with.

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695
E-Mail: martin.verges at croit.io
Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263

Web: https://croit.io
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx