[ceph-users] Luminous v12.2.10 released

Josh Durgin jdurgin at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 14:28:47 PST 2018


The only relevant component for this issue is OSDs. Upgrading the
monitors first as usual is fine. If your OSDs are all 12.2.8, moving 
them to 12.2.10 has no chance of hitting this bug.

If you upgrade the OSDs to 13.2.2, which does have the PG hard limit
patches, you may hit the bug as noted here:

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/releases/mimic/#v13-2-2-mimic

Josh

On 11/30/18 2:07 PM, Christa Doane wrote:
> On mixed node environment, does it matter what role ceph component has, in terms of updating them all to 12.2.10.
> I have monitor nodes at 12.2.9 and OSD nodes at 12.2.8.  I am preparing to upgrade to mimic 13.2.2 and will be running dist-upgrade+reboot prior to upgrade to 13.2.2, that would move them all to 12.2.10.
> 
> Is that ok?
> And should I still update my monitor nodes first to 12.2.10 and then OSD nodes to 12.2.10?
> 
>   Thank you,
> Christa
> 
> On 11/27/18, 12:16 PM, "ceph-users on behalf of Josh Durgin" <ceph-users-bounces at lists.ceph.com on behalf of jdurgin at redhat.com> wrote:
> 
>      On 11/27/18 9:40 AM, Graham Allan wrote:
>      >
>      >
>      > On 11/27/2018 08:50 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:
>      >>
>      >> We're happy to announce the tenth bug fix release of the Luminous
>      >> v12.2.x long term stable release series. The previous release, v12.2.9,
>      >> introduced the PG hard-limit patches which were found to cause an issue
>      >> in certain upgrade scenarios, and this release was expedited to revert
>      >> those patches. If you already successfully upgraded to v12.2.9, you
>      >> should **not** upgrade to v12.2.10, but rather **wait** for a release in
>      >> which http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36686 is addressed. All other users
>      >> are encouraged to upgrade to this release.
>      >
>      > I wonder if you can comment on upgrade policy for a mixed cluster - eg
>      > where the majority is running 12.2.8 but a handful of newly-added osd
>      > nodes were installed with 12.2.9. Should the 12.2.8 nodes be upgraded to
>      > 12.2.10 (this does sound like it should have no negative effects) and
>      > just the 12.2.9 nodes kept to wait for a future release - or wait on all?
>      
>      I'd suggest upgrading everything to 12.2.10. If you aren't hitting
>      crashes already with this mixed 12.2.9 + 12.2.8 cluster, a further
>      upgrade shouldn't cause any issues.
>      
>      Josh
>      _______________________________________________
>      ceph-users mailing list
>      ceph-users at lists.ceph.com
>      http://lists.ceph.com/listinfo.cgi/ceph-users-ceph.com
>      
> 



More information about the ceph-users mailing list