[ceph-users] Is object name used by CRUSH algorithm?

Paul Emmerich paul.emmerich at croit.io
Mon Oct 1 13:08:09 PDT 2018

You are probably thinking of Amazon's S3 where adding a random prefix
to object names was a common performance optimization in the past, but
I think they fixed that recently.

Anyways, common prefixes are very common in Ceph and no problem. For
example, all objects within an rbd imge have the same prefix.

Paul