[ceph-users] ceph-volume: recreate OSD with same ID after drive replacement

Andras Pataki apataki at flatironinstitute.org
Wed Oct 3 08:23:44 PDT 2018

Thanks - I didn't realize that was such a recent fix.

I've now tried 12.2.8, and perhaps I'm not clear on what I should have
done to the OSD that I'm replacing, since I'm getting the error "The osd
ID 747 is already in use or does not exist.".  The case is clearly the
latter, since I've completely removed the old OSD (osd crush remove,
auth del, osd rm, wipe disk).  Should I have done something different
(i.e. not remove the OSD completely)?
Searching the docs I see a command 'ceph osd destroy'.  What does that
do (compared to my removal procedure, osd crush remove, auth del, osd rm)?

Thanks,

Andras