[ceph-users] Mons are using a lot of disk space and has a lot of old osd maps

Aleksei Zakharov zakharov.a.g at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 8 08:04:34 PDT 2018

Hi all,

We've upgraded our cluster from jewel to luminous and re-created monitors using rocksdb.
Now we see, that mon's are using a lot of disk space and used space only grows. It is about 17GB for now. It was ~13GB when we used leveldb and jewel release.

When we added new osd's we saw that it downloads from monitors a lot of data. It was ~15GiB few days ago and it is ~18GiB today.
One of the osd's we created uses filestore and it looks like old osd maps are not removed:

~# find /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-224/current/meta/ | wc -l
73590

I've tried to run manual compaction (ceph tell mon.NUM compact) but it doesn't help.

So, how to stop this growth of data on monitors?

--
Regards,
Aleksei Zakharov