[ceph-users] can I define buckets in a multi-zone config that are exempted from replication?

Christian Rice crice at pandora.com
Mon Oct 8 12:45:56 PDT 2018

Just getting started here, but I am setting up a three-zone realm, each with a pair of S3 object gateways, Luminous on Debian.  I’m wondering if there’s a straightforward way to exempt some buckets from replicating to other zones?  The idea being there might be data that pertains to a specific zone…perhaps due to licensing or other more trivial technical reasons shouldn’t be transported off site.

Documentation at http://docs.ceph.com/docs/luminous/radosgw/s3/bucketops/ suggests “A bucket can be constrained to a region by providing LocationConstraint during a PUT request.”  Is this applicable to my multi-zone realm?

TIA,
Christian