[ceph-users] vfs_ceph ignoring quotas

Felix Stolte f.stolte at fz-juelich.de
Tue Oct 9 03:50:57 PDT 2018

That's bad news, but maybe there is a workarround. Samba offers the
opportunity to define a custom df command. If I could extract the
current utilization or size of a directory with a quota, i think i
should be able to write a little df command. The quota is stored as an
extended attribute, where can i get its utilization?

Regards Felix

On 10/09/2018 10:59 AM, John Spray wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 9:14 AM Felix Stolte <f.stolte at fz-juelich.de> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> i'm running a luminous cluster on Ubuntu 18.04 an want to share folders
>> on cephfs with samba using the vfs_ceph. Sharing works fine, but the
>> quotas I set on the directories is ignored and every share reports its
>> size as the total size of the cephfs. Anyone got this working? Or is the
>> vfs lacking quota support?
> Looks like the Samba VFS is always mounting CephFS at the root[1],
> including if you're exporting a subdir (nfs ganesha used to be this
> way too) -- CephFS can only do the "magic" quota-based statfs if it
> knows it's mounting a particular subdir.
>
> John
>
> 1. https://github.com/samba-team/samba/blob/master/source3/modules/vfs_ceph.c#L123
>
>> Regards Felix
>>
>> --
>> Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
>> 52425 Jülich
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
>> Eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Düren Nr. HR B 3498
>> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir. Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
>> Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Marquardt (Vorsitzender),
>> Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
>> Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Felix Stolte
IT-Services
Tel.: +49 2461 61-9243