[ceph-users] DELL R630 and Optane NVME

Joe Comeau Joe.Comeau at hli.ubc.ca
Thu Oct 11 14:02:44 PDT 2018

I'm curious about optane too

We are running Dell 730xd & 740xd with expansion chassis
12 -x 8 TB disks in the server and 12x 8 TB is the exp unit
2 x 2 TB Intel NVMe for caching in the servers  (12 disks cached with wal/db on opposite nVMe from Intel cache- so interleaved)
Intel cache running on the servers

it will depending on your work load
Our is about 1.5 years old now - before optanes

Joe

>>> Steven Vacaroaia <stef97 at gmail.com> 10/11/2018 1:51 PM >>>
Hi,

Any of you uses Optane NVME and is willing to share his/her experience and tuning settings ?

There was a discussion started by Wido mentioning using intel_pstate=disable intel_idle.max_cstate=1 processor.max_cstate=1 and disabling irqbalance but that is all I was able to find

I am using DELL R630 with 1 x 8 cores CPU, 64 GB RAM, 8 x 2 TB NLSAS drives and kernel 4.18
I've configured separate partitions for WAL = 1 GB and DB = 40G

As always, many thanks for taking the time to provide advice

Steven