[ceph-users] cephfs set quota without mount

Felix Stolte f.stolte at fz-juelich.de
Thu Oct 11 14:07:17 PDT 2018

Our ceph cluster is mainly used for openstack but we also need to
provide storage to linux workstations via nfs and smb for our windows
clients. Even though our linux workstations could talk to cephs directly
we don't want them to be in our ceph public network. Ceph public network
is only connected to openstack and ceph nodes. In addition we are
implementing two gateway servers to export cephfs via nfs/smb using ctdb
as HA

On 10/11/2018 08:42 PM, solarflow99 wrote:
> I am just interested to know more about your use case for NFS as
> opposed to just using cephfs directly, and what are you using for HA?
>

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 1:54 AM Felix Stolte <f.stolte at fz-juelich.de
> <mailto:f.stolte at fz-juelich.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hey folks,
>
>     I use nfs-ganesha to export cephfs to nfs. nfs-ganesha can talk to
>     cephfs via libcephfs so there is no need for mounting cephfs
>     manually. I
>     also like to use directory quotas from cephfs. Anyone knows a way
>     to set
>     quota on directories without the need to mount it first?
>
>     I was thinking about an admin socket, but the mds does not seem to
>     offer
>     this functionality.
>
>     Regards Felix
>
>     Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
>     52425 Jülich
>     Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
>     Eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Düren Nr. HR B 3498
>     Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir. Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
>     Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Marquardt (Vorsitzender),
>     Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
>     Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Felix Stolte
IT-Services
Tel.: +49 2461 61-9243