[ceph-users] ceph pg/pgp number calculation

David Turner drakonstein at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 06:25:51 PDT 2018

Not all pools need the same amount of PGs. When you get to so many pools
you want to start calculating how much data each pool will have. If 1 of
your pools will have 80% of your data in it, it should have 80% of your
PGs. The metadata pools for rgw likely won't need more than 8 or so PGs
each. If your rgw data pool is only going to have a little scratch data,
then it won't need very many PGs either.