[ceph-users] Migrate/convert replicated pool to EC?

Matthew Vernon mv3 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Oct 25 09:30:33 PDT 2018

Hi,

I thought I'd seen that it was possible to migrate a replicated pool to
being erasure-coded (but not the converse); but I'm failing to find
anything that says _how_.

Have I misremembered? Can you migrate a replicated pool to EC? (if so, how?)

...our use case is moving our S3 pool which is quite large, so if we can
convert in-place that would be ideal...

Thanks,

Matthew

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research