[ceph-users] Command to check last change to rbd image?

Paul Emmerich paul.emmerich at croit.io
Sun Oct 28 07:44:38 PDT 2018

The only way to check this is to check each individual object the RBD
consists of:

rbd info <pool>/<image>
-->     block_name_prefix: rbd_data.XXXXXXXXXX

rados -p rbd stat rbd_data.XXXXXXXXX.0000000000000000
rados -p rbd stat rbd_data.XXXXXXXXX.0000000000000001
rados -p rbd stat rbd_data.XXXXXXXXX.0000000000000002

By default you will have up to size/4MB number of objects (with holes
in between as RBDs are sparse)

It is probably possible to somehow get the objects that are actually
in use when the image has the object-map feature to avoid having to
brute-force all the objects.

Paul