[ceph-users] OSD node reinstallation

Luiz Gustavo Tonello gustavo.tonello at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:52:01 PDT 2018

Hi list,

I have a situation that I need to reinstall the O.S. of a single node in my
OSD cluster.
This node has 4 OSDs configured, each one has ~4 TB used.

The way that I'm thinking to proceed is to put OSD down (one each time),
stop the OSD, reinstall the O.S., and finally add the OSDs again.

But I want to know if there's a way to do this in a more simple process,
maybe put OSD in maintenance (noout), reinstall the O.S. without formatting
my Storage volumes, install CEPH again and enable OSDs again.

There's a way like these?

I'm running CEPH Jewel.

Best,
--