[ceph-users] ceph.conf mon_max_pg_per_osd not recognized / set

Steven Vacaroaia stef97 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 06:49:02 PDT 2018

Hi,

Any idea why different value for  mon_max_pg_per_osd is not "recognized" ?
I am using mimic 13.2.2

Here is what I have in /etc/ceph/ceph.conf

[mon]
mon_allow_pool_delete = true
mon_osd_min_down_reporters = 1
mon_max_pg_per_osd = 400

checking the value with
ceph daemon osd.6 config show| grep mon_max_pg_per_osd still shows the
default ( 250)

Injecting a different value appears to works
ceph tell osd.* injectargs '--mon_max_pg_per_osd 500'

ceph daemon osd.6 config show| grep mon_max_pg_per_osd
    "mon_max_pg_per_osd": "500",

BUT

cluster is still complaining TOO_MANY_PGS too many PGs per OSD (262 >
max 250)

I have restarted ceph.target services on monitor/manager server
What else has to be done to have the cluster using the new value ?

Steven