[ceph-users] EC Metadata Pool Storage

Ashley Merrick singapore at amerrick.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 21:47:08 PDT 2018

Hello,

I have a small EC Pool I am using with RBD to store a bunch of large files
attached to some VM's for personal storage use.

Currently I have the EC Meta Data Pool on some SSD's, I have noticed even
though the EC Pool has TB's of data in the metadata pool is only in the 2MB
Range.

My question is would the EC performance benefit from the metadata being on
NVME (I am guessing the I/O is lots of tiny read's and writes), or is the
performance required for the metadata pool tiny and does not yield any real
benefit from different underlying storage (SATA/SSD/NVME)

Thanks