[ceph-users] Octopus release target: March 1 2020

Sage Weil sweil at redhat.com
Wed Jul 3 08:01:40 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

The target release date for Octopus is March 1, 2020.

The freeze will be January 1, 2020.  As a practical matter, that means any
features need to be in before people leave for the holidays, ensuring the
features get in in time and also that we can run tests over the holidays
while the test lab is relatively idle.

We plan to stick to a 12 month cadence going forward, so the P release
target would be March 1 2021 (regardless of whether Octopus is early or
late).

Thanks!
sage